Monday, December 3, 2012

Countdown to Christmas 2012 : Day 4


Welcome to my 25 Days of Christmas Project! I will be posting Christmas related themes everyday until Christmas such as recipes, crafts, decor, movies, books, activities, shopping, trends, gift ideas, carols, parties, games, traditions, holiday cards, resolutions, lights, etc.

Day 4 : Tree Lighting Ceremony & Other Activities

 
Today is December 3, 2012 and there are only 22 days left until Christmas! The days will go by fast! I just have a quick short post for today.

Yesterday, I helped my daughter's girl scout troop make chunk votive candles which they will be giving as presents. We had a lot of fun and they turned out so well! If you'd like to try your hand at making these candles, here is a tutorial I posted back in June. We used dixie cups for the molds and I gave them 15 different choices of chunks that were already colored and scented. Everyone loved their unique creations.

After the girl scout meeting, our family went to our town's annual tree lighting ceremony. This was a fun family outing and the girls enjoyed themselves. The event was located at the town hall and fire station. There were donuts, live music, and santa!!

I have started my Christmas shopping finally! I still need to finalize my list of what exactly I want to get for everyone, but I am really hoping to finish my shopping early this year. That would be awesome. I plan to do a lot of research online this week trying to find the best deals on the hottest items this season.

As for decorations, the girls made paper snow flakes over the weekend and we will be placing them in our windows and hanging them from ceilings throughout our house. We still need to finish up our decorating! Maybe tonight?? I am crossing my fingers.

I will be writing more tomorrow, but for now I do want to close with some family activities to do before Christmas. I hope you are all having fun preparing for the big day!

* Put together a nativity scene or visit a live one

* Visit a local greenhouse ~ The decorations are gorgeous and often times I find gift ideas for the hard-to-buy-for people on my list

*Build a snowman (when the snow comes!)

*Door to door caroling

*Make handmade gifts

*Visit Santa

*Attend the Annual Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony in your neighborhood

*Plan a cookie exchange

*Finish decorating

*Donate food to local food bank 

*Read The Christmas Story (from the Bible)     

No comments:

Post a Comment