Welcome to my 25 Days of Christmas Project! We're counting down the days til Christmas, sharing activities, ideas, and cheer with you!
Day 18 : The week before Christmas checklist
For a lot of us, the true business of the season is really going to be in full swing this week. I am a person who lives by making lists. So I thought for today's post, I would just drop a list for you to help wrap up your holiday plans. These are things that should either already be done or need to be completed asap. Have fun and try not to stress!
* Tree should be up and all decorations should be displayed
* Gift shopping, before going to the store make a very specific list for each person on your list of what you would like to purchase for them
* Check Amazon for last minute gifts, prices are amazingly reduced this week and you can still get free shipping on a lot of items. So why not save yourself the headache of fighting the crowds at the packed stores. And believe me, I have saved at least 50% on most of my presents this year just by shopping at Amazon!
* Christmas Party coming up? Have your gift exchange gifts wrapped and ready to go in advance. You'll thank me later.
* Decide what you will be serving for Christmas Eve
* Decide menu for Christmas appetizers, dinner, dessert, and beverages
* Make plans to relax with the family in the evenings and watch Christmas movies while sipping hot cocoa
* Begin gift wrapping if you haven't already. I am a procrastinator and always wait til the last minute. Not this year! I am making a gift wrapping schedule and getting a little bit done every night this week.
* If you're like most of us, you seriously have a lot to do this week. Do yourself a favor and plan now to split up your duties throughout the week. Do 1 or 2 or maybe even 3 things each day and start checking off your to do list. If you wait to do 20 things in one day, you won't get everything done and you'll make yourself crazy.
* Try to get some extra cleaning done this week. So then you won't have to worry about it this weekend or even worse, Christmas Eve.
* Neighbors' gifts
* Teacher's gifts
Anything else? I would love to hear your ideas!! What are you doing this week. Do you have any tips or suggestions? What helps you get through this week with as little stress as possible?