How to prepare for your first craft show : Supplies
Preparing for your first craft show can be very exciting! It can also be very stressful and nerve racking. I have decided to put together a series that will consist of 5 parts discussing the main ingredients of a fun and successful craft show. We will be discussing my experiences as I prepared for my first craft show.
As some of you may already know, my area of expertise is selling my handmade candles and soaps. My pictures and examples will reflect this, but the lessons may be adapted to whatever your own craft is. Let's get started!
Welcome to Part 4 of a 5 Part Series!
You've come a long way! You're feeling a mixture of both excitement and nervousness as your first show draws near. Today's lesson gives you a list of basic supplies to take along with you. Use this list in advance to plan for what you will need the day of the show. Check items off the list the day before the show as you pack up. The morning of the show, double check the list to make sure you have everything before you leave.
* Name tag
*Credit card reader
* Cell phone, charged
* Change ($32 - $1 bills, $10 - quarters, $2 - nickels, $5 - dimes, $1 - pennies = $50)
* Receipt book
* Bags to put customers orders in
* Logo sign or framed logo
* Extra price tags
* Packing tape & Scotch tape
* Paper towels
* Business cards
* Large binder clips for holding down table cover
* Black & Red Sharpie Markers
* Trash bag
* Tissue paper and/or bubble wrap
* Table cover
* Prepared inventory
* A picture of your table set-up
* Price list
* Email sign-up sheet
* A list of product descriptions
* Brochures or other promotional items
* Bowl & candy, optional
* Fish bowl for raffle, optional
Stay tuned for lesson 5 : Putting it all together