Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Countdown to Christmas ~ Day 13


Welcome to my 25 Days of Christmas Project! We're counting down the days til Christmas, sharing activities, ideas, and cheer with you!

Day 13 : Eggnog Recipe

It is a tradition in my household to make our own eggnog. The kids love to help and I think the cost is cheaper making it ourselves. My kids LOVE this eggnog. Obviously, it is nonalcoholic :)

You will need:

3 C Egg Substitute or Egg Beaters
1 C plus 2 TBS Sugar
2 TBS Vanilla Extract
3/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
14 C Milk

Directions:

Mix all ingredients and shake well. Beverage is ready to serve immediately or chill.

*This recipe makes about 1 1/2 gallons of eggnog. My family of 5 plus holiday visitors LOVE this stuff! The easiest way I have found to make this much is by having 2 empty clean milk gallons available before I get started. I then divide the ingredients in half. Put half in one jug, shake, and done. Repeat with the other half of ingredients in the other jug.

Here's a list of ingredients for each gallon jug using the above method:

1 1/2 C Egg Substitute or Egg Beaters
1/2 C plus 1 TBS Sugar
1 TBS Vanilla Extract
3/8 tsp Ground Nutmeg
7 C Milk

We will be making our eggnog the day before Christmas Eve. We enjoy a nice relaxing Christmas Eve together sipping eggnog and leave a glass for Santa with his cookies. And there's always plenty left for Christmas Day!

 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment