Welcome to my 25 Days of Christmas Project! We're counting down the days til Christmas, sharing activities, ideas, and cheer with you!
Day 10 : Christmas related games for kids
1. Musical Chairs ~ Play like regular musical chairs game. Have same number of chairs as children minus one. Kids circle the chairs while music plays. Pause the music and whoever is left without a chair is out. Remove a chair and continue until only one person is left. For this version, play Christmas music. Jingle Bell Rock and Rockin Around the Christmas Tree are good songs for this game.
2. Pin the nose on Rudolph ~ Here is a picture of Rudolph to print. And here is a page full of red noses to print. Just place double sided tape on the back of the noses for each child. Hang the picture of Rudolph to a wall. Blind fold and spin each child for their chance to pin the nose on Rudolph!
3. Candy Cane Pass ~ You will need 4 candy canes. Children sit around in a circle. The child to start the pass holds the candy canes in one hand (one candy cane between each finger) and passes the candy canes to the child next to them. Each child can only use one hand to take the candy canes and can only hold them between their fingers. If someone drops a candy cane, they are out.
4. Snow Ball Toss ~ Use a small bucket about the size of a beach bucket. And several small styrofoam balls from a craft store. Children take turns tossing the "snow balls" into the bucket.
5. Santa Says ~ Played just like Simon Says. One child wears a santa hat and they are Santa. This child states actions for the other children to do such as "Santa says, hop on one foot." The other children follow the directions as long as the leader says "Santa says". They cannot stop hopping on one foot until the leader says "Santa says, Stop." If the leader gives a command by not saying Santa says first, the other children should not follow the directions. Children are out if they complete a command by the leader in which the leader did not state "Santa Says".