Thursday, July 19, 2012

Interview with Beaded Dreams, Beaded Dream Catchers and Jewelry!

I have a lovely Etsy shop feature for you today! Beaded Dreams creates beaded dream catchers and jewelry. Beaded Dreams also creates Eyeglass holders. Yes, the kind that hangs from your neck so your glasses are always in a convenient place. But these Eyeglass holders are made out of beads! How cute is that?!

Meet Meral, the owner of Beaded Dreams

Tell us about yourself, your shop, and what you make.
My name is Meral Guven.  I have a degree in Music, and work in a Medical Office as a secretary.  I had to switch careers when the economy started to fall, and I realized that I needed another job that would help pay my rent.  I opened my Etsy Shop Beaded Dreams in 2009, but had to put it on hiatus when I  went back to school to complete my Medical Office Assisting course.  Last May I decided to "reopen" my shop and made a dedicated effort to make my shop more successful.

Beaded Dreams is a shop that mostly sells beaded items.  My specialties are dream catchers with beaded netting and recently started making eyeglass holders that can also be used as a stand alone necklace.  I also make other beaded items and jewelry.

How did you get started?
I started when I was around 11, my mom saw some necklaces that she liked in the store, but did not want to pay $$$.  So we went to a craft store, and my mom bought all the supplies and told me to try to make one for her.  She then started giving me harder and harder objects to make.  She really likes dream catchers so I took it upon myself to see if I can make a dream catcher on my own. Lo and behold, I managed to make the rainbow dream catcher (Seen in my favourite piece). Whenever people would come to the house, they would ask where she bought it, and when she told them I made it, then I started getting all these "orders" from family members!  And the rest is history :)

Tell about your favorite piece.

This was my first completed dream catcher pattern that I made.  Every time I look at it, it makes me smile, because it's such a wonderful colour combination.  This was the one that I made for my mom as a surprise, and it's been a favourite of mine ever since.

Wow! I love the colors!

And now, a peek in to Meral's shop!





What inspires you?
For me, beading is a wonderful stress reliever.  There's nothing like going into your own little world and forgetting about all the hardships of life for an hour or so.  So getting some meditation and sanity back is what inspires me the most.

You can also find Beaded Dreams at her blog:

Thank you to Meral for sharing your lovely shop!!

Be sure to check out Beaded Dreams on Etsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment