Friday, July 27, 2012

An Interview with Art of Princess M, Freelance Artist

Today's feature is Art of Princess M. I would like to introduce you to Princess Mia, the artist behind Art of Princess M. For amazing art illustrations, prints, and ACEOS, be sure to check out her work on Etsy. Let's meet Princess..


Tell us about yourself, your shop, and what you make.
Hello my name is Princess Mia and I am an 18 year old freelance artist. I create abstract illustrations and paintings made from watercolor paint and black ink. Each piece is based on the concepts of giving emotions, feelings, and stories human forms. My shop currently on etsy sells original artworks, commissions, and art prints.

How did you get started?
I was at a slump in my life thinking about the direction of my life. I no longer desired to be a fashion designer and could not think of an occupation that I would love doing. I had a long talk with my boyfriend and he convinced me to sell my art. I took his word for it and started selling my artwork I would create on my free time. The first week of having my art out there I had questions about buying and and commissions were coming in already. I even got a chance to work with a record company my first week!

Tell about your favorite piece.

My favorite piece is called " Name it something after me" I loved the colors and the overall piece itself. Every aspect of the piece worked the way I wanted to look.

What inspires you?
I am deeply inspired by people and their behaviors. How they react to things. Emotions they can't explain. The flaws of mankind everything about that shows beauty to me so I wanted to paint and draw picture based off that concept. Not on just a human alone but the feelings they contain that they can't see.

Here are some pieces from Princess Mia's shop. You can see that she is a terrific artist and her paintings reflect a beautiful uniqueness!

  





Thank you so much Princess for sharing your lovely shop with us! You do have a wonderful way of capturing emotion in your work and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment