Tuesday, July 24, 2012

An Interview with CereusArt, Beach Decor

Today's feature comes to us from Virginia Beach!! Oh how lovely the ocean view must be! Bring this nautical scene into your home right now by visiting CereusArt on Etsy! CereusArt specializes in beach, nautical, & coastal decor and gifts. Step into her shop, and you can almost smell the sea air! Seriously :)

Dana, tell us about yourself, your shop, and what you make / How did you get started?

Having lived in Virginia Beach, VA almost all of my life I’ve always had the ocean at my back door. While planning my beach wedding and week-long sea side celebration I was unable to find the finishing touches I desired to reflect my personal beach style so I made them. From beach themed embossed invitations to OOT guest baskets, bathroom baskets, de-sanding stations, personalized coasters, decorations, favors, water bottles, and wedding programs I made them all! 

In 2011 I opened CereusArt for folks looking for handcrafted coastal decor and finishing touches.  My collection includes unique, one of a kind wall art, painted shells, sea shell garlands, authentic nautical inspired paper goods, and Christmas ornaments. Each piece is handcrafted with attention to detail from high quality materials. All items are handcrafted in the Virginia Beach studio and are inspired by the sea. 

CereusArt products have been featured on numerous blogs, magazines, and retail gift shops, and have attracted a loyal following.

Tell about your favorite piece.

My favorite piece is the Golfing Santa Starfish Christmas Ornament.
This item began as a custom order requested by a good friend. It’s a fun item and it is a favorite gift for your golf aficionado!
  
What inspires you?

I am inspired by the sea – the colors, the textures, the smell. I love it all! I try to create products that allow you to bring the sea indoors. I want people to look at my wine charms or my garlands and remember their favorite beach vacation or their last Girl’s Night Out.





 


 


 





Cereusart.comIs my Coastal Lifestyle Blog
 

promotemyshop.blogspot.com/ - Is my Blog with tips on promoting your handmade or vintage online shop.




Thank you Dana for sharing! I have so enjoyed stepping into your shop. I love the nautical theme!









2 comments:

  1. Thank you for such a wonderful feature!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely loving that Santa Starfish. So cute! Great article!

    ReplyDelete