Thursday, May 24, 2012

Mistakes Will Be Made

What kind of mistakes have you made recently?

I make mistakes every day and I will continue to do so daily for the rest of my life. It's part of life and not something that we like to discuss but it is my topic of discussion today just for something different. So here we go. Enjoy!

Dictionary.com defines mistake as an action or judgment that is misguided or wrong.

Last night, I made the mistake of locking my husband out of the house. Oops! 

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
Marilyn Monroe

I love this quote from Marilyn Monroe. I think it offers a very good definition of love and just simply being human.

What have you learned from your mistakes?

As I consider my life and reflect on some big mistakes that I have made, I realize that I am very thankful for them. I would not be where I am today if not for the decisions I have made in the past, right or wrong.

I think some of us need to accept the fact that mistakes will be made. And learn from them. You will come away a stronger and more experienced person because of them. Just be sure to take that experience and learn not to make the big, bad, major mistakes ever again.

Here is a list of what I think are some of the most common mistakes we all make. Remember, if you've made any of these errors, WE ARE ALL IN THE SAME BOAT. 

*Eating a certain kind of food (knowing that you will pay for it later)

*Giving up too easily (this is one I am constantly learning from)


*Investing money unwisely (or being taken in by a scam)


*Pretending that you didn't make a mistake


*Dating or even marrying the wrong person


*Prototyping another person or assuming you know something they don't


*Losing faith in something you believe in or even in yourself

*Comparing yourself  to other people (remember: always be yourself!)


*Moving away too soon, waiting too long to move, or living in the wrong place


*Taking the wrong advice

What do you think? This is a very short list. Please feel free to leave a comment and share what is on your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment