Monday, May 28, 2012

An Interview with a Crafter, Summer Crew!

I would like to introduce you to Summer Crew, the owner of the Etsy shop, Now In Color. Now In Color creates unique artwork. Please join me in welcoming Summer and be sure to explore her shop and show some love, as I am sure you will be amazed!

Tell us about yourself, your shop, and what you make.
 
So what do I want to be when I grow up,an artist! I have decided that life is too short. I could be in an office job in misery. I will not do that anymore. To add to that I have medical issues that disable (temporarily) from working. Recently I have made a choice to have a complete cutting off of all my lady parts inside. I have Endometreosis. I am in pain everyday. So my husband and I have made the decision to stop trying and adopt.
 

My shop will be all about color hence the name. Now In Color. I am starting off with some watercolors I have done. I sell prints from my originals I also have mandalas in my shop. I will continue with more series of mandalas. That is my sacred art. My therapy.
I will be putting originals for sale in my shop right around the corner. I just want people to see and feel me without a description of the pieces.
 

In the future I will be putting my mother's afghans in the shop. I also will be painting in other mediums,such as acrylics, pastels and charcoal. I also sew and I have some fun and "green"  products that will part of the shop. 

You are going to love everything Summer creates. Her work is beautiful and full of passion.

















How did you get started crafting?

I started at a very young age about seven years of age. I love to draw. I love to paint. I love to create. My Papa started to guide me at a young age. I started with charcoal,then pencil. I took at least two art classes every year during my high school years. I love it! 

My heart goes into every piece I do.
 

I also love to sew and my mother taught me that at a very young age as well. I love to create period! 

Tell us about your favorite piece.



Ah my favorite piece is hanging up in my house. It is my angel. I painted in my senior year in high school. I would never be able to part with it. I have a huge emotional attachment to it. My guardian angel, my grandfather. 

What inspires you?

People do. Positive energy. Love. People who actually are interested in what I do for a living. Lake Superior is a ten minute walk from my house. Yoga. Tibetan Buddhism. Grace. Wisdom. My husband. I want to adopt a child one day, this is my greatest inspiration.

Be sure to check out Summer's Etsy shop, Now In Color! ~ www.etsy.com/shop/NowInColor

Summer can also be found on her blog ~ summercrew.wordpress.com 

Thank you to Summer! For sharing your amazing story and your wonderful work!


If you would like to be featured, please feel free to contact me :)





 

No comments:

Post a Comment