Wednesday, September 12, 2012

An Interview with Katrinshine, Hand-Crafted Jewelry, Accessories, & Bags

I am excited to feature a very talented Etsy shop owner today! Meet Ekaterina, the owner of Katrinshine on Etsy. Katrinshine specializes in handmade accessories, clothing, and much more. Here is her story about her shop and how she got started with her amazing journey in to the handmade world...


Tell us about yourself, your shop, and what you make. 

I have been an artist all my life and I love to create for me, my
family and my friends. From my childhood I liked very much all kinds of needle and craft work. For this I thank my mom and grandma. I sewed dresses for my dolls or made small projects for me and my family, and I always loved to draw.  Upon graduating from a classical Russian art school I worked as a graphic designer in a publishing house.
 

Now I make jewelry and accessories using leather, fabric and crochet, and include elements such as beads and eyelets. I sew quilted bags and pillows in a particular Patchwork Spiral style. This technique gives room for imagination as small pieces of fabric assemble in an inimitable design. Also I make custom-order corsets, medieval dresses, and crocheted clothing. A few time ago I began to sell tutorials and crochet patterns. 

How did you get started? 

I wasn’t able to find work after moving to Italy in 2008, so I had a lot of time to create. At the beginning I gifted my creations to my friends. Then I found Etsy I decided to open an online shop. On Etsy I found team of Russian speakers and I’m its active member now. Now I work at home. Besides that I registered domain name and now I’m happy owner of a site www.katrinshine.com. 

Tell about your favorite piece. 

My favorite piece is golden beige necklace with crochet and fabric beads

I like it’s romantic color, which does not leave indifferent anyone. I like combination of crochet and fabric beads, they are two so different textures.

What inspires you? 

My studio is in a veranda where there is a lot of light, air and space. The veranda’s vintage furniture is at least 40 years old, and it gives my studio that very special atmosphere which inspires me. In my work I’m inspired by colours and textures. I like nature and rustic style, simple forms and clear colors. Brindisi is a small antique town in the south of Italy, in region of Puglia. It’s the region of vine and olives, golden beaches and turquoise sea, it has long history and many traditions, and it’s inspires me so much. 

I like blue tones – for me they are colors of sky and freedom. I like red, the color of passion. I like white because it’s color of purity. I like bright colors – the - colors of life.

Here are a few items from Katrinshine to give you a taste of what to expect when you enter her shop. You will not be disappointed! 












Katrinshine's Etsy shop is full of lovely uniquely hand-crafted items. You simply must check it out! Stroll through the many aisles and enjoy the creativeness behind each piece.

Thank you Ekaterina for sharing your shop with us!!

Visit Katrinshine now!

Etsy

www.katrinshine.com

Facebook

Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. Great works and beautiful artist! Thank you for a story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this lovely interview! I love Katrinshine shop - the style is instantly recognizable. Ekaterina has a great taste and I love how she combines classic and modern in her creations.

    ReplyDelete